Respecting your privacy
ALDI Sourcing Asia Limited (“ALDI AO”) pledges to meet fully the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. Any personal data collected will be processed, handled and stored in strict confidence & confidentiality and highest level of security and integrity.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
ALDI AO collects personal information from employees, contractors, agents and other individuals. We collect personal information when it is necessary for business purposes such as:
- Recruitment process;
- Business/ partnership development or due diligence practices;
- Answering enquiries from suppliers, service providers or customers or any individual, company or party;
- Website data analysis (Cookies or other scripts);
- Other relevant business operations.
The personal information we collect may be provided by you via this ALDI AO Site, in face-to-face meetings, email messages, telephone conversations, or from third parties. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact. We will collect personal information about you only from you where it is reasonable and practical to do so, or as required by laws.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with relevant feedback or may be unable to initiate relevant business processes with you (particularly where our collection of this information shall be required by law).
The personal information we collect is confidential. Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with a better website experience and to operate our business.
We may use cookie technology on our websites to provide information and services to website visitors. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes and are a necessary part of facilitating online transactions. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify you, although they do identify your browser.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern which can help us to improve your user experience
- speed up your searches
- recognize your preferences such as preferred language
All job applicants provide personal data on a voluntary basis and these data are regarded as mandatory for selection purposes. Failure to provide these data may influence the processing and outcome of the application.
During the course of the ALDI AO’s recruitment processes, any personal data collected via post, web-based application or email application as well as any personal data collected during interviews/ assessment processes will be used by ALDI AO for the purposes:
- to assess candidates’ suitability to assume the job duties of the position for which an applicant applied to;
- to serve as evidence for verification of the applicant’s identity, qualifications as well as work references and other information;
- to determine preliminary remuneration package to be discussed with the applicant subject to selection for the position.
It is the ALDI AO’s policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of maximum two years.
Should an applicant be offered an employment with the Company, the personal data so incorporated will be used for all purposes relating to the person’s employment as required by the relevant Hong Kong laws & regulations and procedures of the Company.
Types of Personal Data
ALDI AO may collect the following personal data:
For General Website Usage/ Contact/ Enquiries
- Personal particulars: name, telephone number, mailing address and/or email address;
- Other identifiers or identification and/or information about your use of the Site or our products and services.
For Recruitment Process
- Applicant’s personal particulars such as name and contact information;
- Applicant’s personal identification records such as copy of Hong Kong ID, passport and valid employment visa(s);
- Applicant’s personal qualification records, work references and other relevant information; and
- Applicant’s current remuneration package information and any other employment/ business related personal data.
Note: the above lists serve as examples which are not all inclusive.
Disclosure of Personal Data
For General Website Usage/ Contact/ Enquiries
Some examples of when we may need to collect, use and disclose this information are in relation to supplier enquiries, for email newsletter registration, or other general enquiries.
We may share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for our own research and analysis purposes. Under no circumstances will we or any of our related entities sell your details to marketing agencies without your consent.
For Recruitment Process
The Company agrees to take all practical steps to keep all personal data confidential and secured. All personal data collected pertaining recruitment are primarily processed and retained by the Company’s Management and Personnel department. The Company may disclose or transfer some of the data if necessary to:
- the ALDI Group’s headquarters, subsidiaries, associate companies; and/or
- third party recruitment agent(s) for recruitment purposes if applicable.
Storing of Personal Data
ALDI AO will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we hold about you and keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy or electronically (including on secure servers in controlled facilities).
ALDI AO has security processes in place to protect personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The types of measures we take vary with the type of information and how it is collected and stored. We require our employees, agents, contractors and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Please note that ALDI AO may use overseas facilities including (but not limited to) in Germany to process or back-up its information and, as a result, we may transfer your personal information to these overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Access and correction of Personal Data
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, any job applicant has a right to request access to, and to request correction of, his/her personal data in relation to the application. Such requests should be addressed to ALDI HR, Suite 2501, 25/F, Tower 1, The Gateway, Harbour City, Kowloon, Hong Kong or HR@aldi-services.hk.