- Responsible for the establishment and rollout of ocean freight shipment operational process
- Development of the ocean freight tendering process and manage the full implementation
- Involvement in setting up framework agreements, operating procedures with contract Freight forwarders and carriers
- Oversee and manage the whole ocean freight shipment operations to avoid issue & error free and drive continuous improvement
- Carry out negotiations with carriers and freight forwarders on RFQ ocean freight rates
- Support on the development of ocean freight strategy to manage the ocean freight operations more cost effective
- Pro-actively liaise and coordinate closely with internal ALDI country Logistics, buying departments, and external service providers on all the logistics shipment issues
- Manage the Troubleshoot problem on the daily ocean freight operations issues. e.g. space issue, scheduling and equipment shortage
- Manage relationships with international logistics teams and freight forwarders and carriers/shipping lines
- Regular planning, coordinating and implementing large volume Ocean Freight Contracts with freight forwarders and carrier
- Responsible for Training, Manage, Develop Logistics Officers/Specialists and support the Logistics team
- Degree holder in business or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in similar managerial positions gained in sizable organization.
- Experience in logistics position within a logistics service provider, beneficial cargo owner or buying/sourcing office is preferable.
- Management of Shipment Operations and process development experience, and Ocean Freight contracts management experience are advantageous.
- Pleasant, mature personality with excellent communications and presentation skills, team player.
- Attention to details and good organizational, coordination and planning as well as problem-solving skills.
- Professional and positive attitude.