Quality & Compliance Manager
- Manages and implements quality control/ assurance procedures according to department, company and legal requirements.
- Monitors the production process for all purchased products. Identifies any issues and resolves them within the team in a proactive and timely manner.
- Finalises quality comparison documents and advises on the product quality of individual samples.
- Researches and investigates the relevant quality requirements in preparation for submissions, completing the submission process in line with company procedures
- Ensures that the relevant documents related to tender, submission, awarding of contracts and shipments are correct and complete.
- Drives product quality with production facilities through a deep understanding of specific production processes and ALDI product requirements.
- Performs factory assessments, production visits when required including on-site follow-up of corrective action plans.
- Implements and manages active steps with production facilities in line with the department compliance processes and goals.
- Plans, arranges and attends regular trip in line with production control and factory CR development.
- Manages and controls artwork creation and approval in line with company and department procedures.
- Follows up after sales service support for items within his/her commodity areas including liaising with service providers and ALDI national teams.
- Effectively communicates with Sourcing, Compliance, Admin and Logistics team members to ensure success of Direct Buying operations.
- Supports supplier/ manufacturers visits of ALDI buyers.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar position(s) gained in sizable organization.
- Good knowledge in hardgoods production and sourcing businesses.
- Experience with Electrical DIY & Household product category for European markets, knowledge of German/European quality standards highly advantageous.
- Practical hands-on experience in working with factories in Mainland China a prerequisite.
- Qualifications and experience in Audits and Inspections an advantage.
- Excellent communications skills, team player, mature and positive attitude.
- Attention to details and good organizational, coordination and planning skills.
- Willingness to travel (mainly in China, South East Asia).