- Work within a fast paced team environment, dealing with the supply of consumer goods to the international ALDI South Group of companies.
- Support product development and negotiation by following up where required with appropriate suppliers and manufacturers.
- Provide and prepare necessary information and samples in line with product selection and tendering process.
- Support production planning and monitoring of direct buying items including artwork creation, quality assurance and social compliance topics.
- Attend trade fairs and supplier visits with Managers, providing both direct and follow up support with manufacturers where required.
- Raise all contracts and purchase orders as necessary for the Business Team’s areas of responsibility
- Provide cover for the other team members where necessary.
- Directly support in terms of coordination of supplier meetings, travel arrangements, and core business records.
- Perform data entry and other administrative services on behalf of the team members.
- At least Tertiary education required
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience, preferably gained in sourcing/buying offices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player
- Good command of both verbal and written business English as well as fluency in Mandarin essential
- Able to work independently & as a team player, self-motivated, responsible, well-organized and willing to learn
- Attention to details and good organizational, coordination and planning skills
- High level of computer literacy: MS office and Exchange essential
- High level of maturity, integrity, trustworthiness